Seeking a continuing career in the field of marketing communications and graphic design.
• Software: Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator,
Acrobat, Pagemaker, GoLive, Macromedia
Flash, Quark Xpress, Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
• Web Graphics. Print Design. Marketing Collateral.
• Skilled in both Windows and Macintosh platforms.
Fluent in Russian.
• Talented fine artist with a BA in Art from San Francisco
State University, CA.
2008- 2010 CEB - Continuing Education of the Bar, California, Oakland, CA
Graphic Designer, Sales and Marketing Coordinator
• In charge of all sales department collateral updates and new collateral designs.
• Designed, produced and maintained marketing and sales collateral materials, emails,
web graphics, trade shows signage and booth decorations.
• Collaborated with sales department to provide excellent support, communications
and materials on demand.
• Managed projects ensuring the efficient, timely, accurate and cost sensitive production
of marketing collateral.
• Produced professional, concise and accurate copy for marketing emails, letters and
• Utilized extensive business background to make recommendations for cost effective savings.
• Conducted sales analysis research to prove the effectiveness of sales activities.
• Completed over 100 projects for the following customers: JCC East Bay, Sugar Photography,
Optimal Sales Search, El Dorado Art Council, GDPA, Macwireless.com, All Sales Manufacturing,
• Designed marketing collateral, promotional materials, catalogs and websites.
• Designed and produced promotional materials for the JCC East Bay. Performed maintenance
and updates for the JCC East Bay website.
• Webmaster for www.nevadagem.com facilitating the sales
of various turquoise gems online.
• Provided graphic and administrative support for the DJT
• Created newsletters, brochures, maps and event announcements for the El Dorado Art Council.
• Created annual catalogs for All Sales Manufacturing Inc.
• Designed and facilitated the production of marketing materials
for the Gold Discovery Park Association.
1999-2001 Rides for Bay Area Commuters, Inc., Oakland, CA
Production Artist and Designer
• Produced and designed printed materials for all departments.
• Worked on 12 different promotional campaigns producing
• Maintained and designed graphics for the company's web
• Supervised vendors, estimates, budgets, and inventory
for printed materials.
• Promoted from production assistant to production artist
after 6 months in recognition
of cost cutting and performance.
1998-1999 Antique Journal, Alameda, CA
• Designed and produced over 1,000 commercial advertisements,
• Proofread, formatted, updated, and maintained classified
sections for three publications.
• Met strict deadlines for the production of monthly and
1995-1997 Youngs Specialty Distributing and Eller Media,
• Collected over $500,000 of past due invoiced goods in
less than six months.
1990-1993 Lucasey Manufacturing, Oakland, CA
• Assisted the purchasing agent, accounting manager and
other departments to organize the
accounting related to
a $5 mln annual manufacturing operation.
1982-1988 Supermaket chain, Kharkov, Ukraine
• Initiated and implemented the layout and design of promotional
campaigns and advertising materials.
• Produced and designed interior decorations, holiday promotions,
fair booths and commercial materials
for 5 supermarket stores.
2004-2007 San Francisco State University, San Francisco, CA
• Graduated Cum Laude with BA in Art.
2000 Media Alliance, San Francisco, CA
• Completed courses in HTML and Web graphic design.
1995-1998 Laney College, Oakland, CA
• Graduated with honors, completing AA degrees in Fine Arts
and Business Administration.
• Completed courses in graphic design concepts and design
1981-1983 Art Industrial Institute, Kharkov, Ukraine
• Completed a certificate program in graphic design.
click here to download Yelena's resume in PDF format